Do you love the coffee of Dutch Bros? If yes, then you’re probably curious to know what espresso machine it uses. The delicious espresso, coffee, and tea that Dutch Bros serve, leaves your tastebuds longing for one more cup.
Behind these exquisite cafes with delectable coffee beverages, there’s an inspiring story of the Dutch Bros. Started in 1992, as a pushcart, serving espresso, the Dutch Bros expanded its business in the year 2000. It’s not baristas for them, it’s bro-istas, a term of brotherhood – THE DUTCH BROS.
It is their hospitality towards their customers that makes them stand out from the rest of the coffee chains. They’ve helped numerous people from the society by collecting funds for them to help them meet their needs. So this was all about the Dutch Bros in a nutshell, now let us move on to reveal what espresso machine does Dutch Bros use:
What Espresso Machine Does Dutch Bros Use?
A short and sweet answer to this question is that the espresso machine that Dutch Bros use to make flavourful coffee beverages belongs to La Marzocco.
As La Marzocco specialises in commercial-grade espresso machines and is one of the leading brands in this sector, the Dutch Bros have adopted it as a coffee producing unit for their classy cafe counters.
But what makes La Marzocco so special? It’s the strong build quality, durability, and customization features that have urged the Dutch Bros to choose this brand to be set-up at their counters.
La Marzocco, a famous commercial espresso machine brand, said to be the best one was founded in Florence, Italy, back in the year 1927. With espresso being originally developed in Italy, La Marzocco gives a coffee experience dating back to the original espresso of Italy.
Moreover, the other milky coffee beverages that sprang up from this little shot of espresso also have the classic Italy vibe in it. So having the best-in-class features and giving one of the best tasting coffees, Dutch Bros chose to decorate their cafes with the La Marzocco espresso machines.
But wait, there’s a news that their counters have been deprived of the traditional espresso machines, and have been replaced by the Modbar. The Modbars look sleek, has a small footprint, and make your cafe counters look more organised and tidy.
Though the espresso machines are hidden underneath the counter, making espresso for you behind the scenes. Moreover, the customers can have a complete view of the entire coffee preparation process, along with having a friendly conversation with the bro-istas, without the espresso machine being a barrier.
Why Did The Dutch Bros Choose La Marzocco Espresso Machine?
I guess to this point you’ve wondered why is it that the Dutch Bros have chosen La Marzocco? There might be a reason why the La Marzocco espresso machines are preferred by the Dutch Bros over others. Let’s have a discussion.
La Marzocco manufactures high-end commercial grade espresso machines that can effectively work for high-volume coffee shops like the Dutch Bros. It’s not only due to their commercial background, but also because of their exceptional features:
- Durability: The La Marzocco espresso machines are made of copper and steel parts that prove to be more durable and give your counter a classy look. Alongside, we can say that they are built to last as these espresso machines are heavily used, yet do not ware-out easily.
- Temperature: Its espresso machines are equipped with PID temperature control system allowing you to attain temperature stability. This is an extremely important aspect as maintaining a consistent temperature during the brewing process helps you in extracting an ideal shot of espresso with the perfect consistency.
- Variety of models and sizes: La Marzocco has not limited itself to a single model, obviously no one does that. With a variety of models of different sizes and different features to meet its customer’s needs, each of its espresso machine is unique in its own way and has improvised versions.
- Pressure: The La Marzocco espresso machines allow the baristas to brew espresso by adjusting the pressure. Additional pressure profiling capabilities are given, so that the perfect espresso/coffee can be achieved. This further enables the bro-istas to extract the taste of coffee that the Dutch Bros is famous for.
- Hand-made: It’s hard to believe that La Marzocco espresso machines are hand-made and go through various tests and trials before they are officially launched. This trial and test routine and its superior hand-made build-quality is what keeps the Dutch Bros a loyal customer of La Marzocco. Moreover, it is worth considering such an espresso machine that has already been tested.
- Ease of cleaning: Although, being commercial-grade espresso machines, La Marzocco espresso machines are super easy to clean. The manufacturers ensure that they are built in a way that promises stress-free cleaning of the espresso machines. And what’s more lovable to the baristas other than an easy to clean espresso machine?
- Features: The handy and unique features of La Marzocco espresso machines, is also one of the reasons why the Dutch Bros use it. It’s not all about having extra features, but also how well they perform, and La Marzocco excels in it. Be it the pre-infusion system, multiple boilers, stainless steel portafilters, automated steam wand, temperature and pressure adjustability, energy-saving mode, etc., it works best at all of these and even more, which is the reason that it wins the hearts of its customers.
- Eco-friendly: La Marzocco espresso machines are eco-friendly. And the Dutch Bros being concerned about the surroundings, may have adopted the La Marzocco espresso machines to leave a less impact on the environment. They have insulated boilers, which reduce water wastage, its parts are made of copper/steel and not plastic, it has an energy-saving mode, and also various eco-friendly modes, making them the best eco-friendly espresso machine.
- High-quality Build: The La Marzocco espresso machines have been chosen by the Dutch Bros as they have a high-quality body and build. They are hand-made, don’t use cheap plastic to construct any part of the espresso machine, upgrade their espresso machines with new features to meet the advances in latest technology, and are worth every penny.
- Irresistible espresso-based drinks: Taking into consideration its features, build-quality, and value for its customers, we can easily ensure of its high-quality espressos/coffees. La Marzocco espresso machines extract the most flavourful espresso as it has a consistent temperature and pressure maintained during the brewing process. And it is mainly for this reason that it has such better reviews and is embraced by a renowned coffee chain brand.
So who can resist the La Marzocco espresso machine when it comes with all the value addition. It might be expensive, but the Dutch Bros are aware that it pays them over and above the cost, and is worth the investment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Which espresso machine does Starbucks use?
Starbuck uses the Mastreno espresso machine, which manufactures espresso machines exclusively for Starbucks. Mastreno espresso machines have been a part of the Starbucks cafes since 2008 and since then, have contributed immensely in making the Starbucks coffee famous. If you’re thinking to buy the Mastreno Starbucks espresso machine, then it’s not available.
- Which models of espresso machines do the Dutch Bros use?
As previously mentioned in the article, the Dutch Bros use La Marzocco espresso machine. Some popular models of La Marzocco espresso machines that the Dutch Bros use are the La Marzocco Linea Mini, La Marzocco GS3, and La Marzocco Strada.
- What additional items does the Dutch Bros use?
The Dutch Bros use clean and filtered water to make their coffees. They say no to tap water and deionize the water to remove unwanted impurities. Apart from this, they ensure high-quality coffee beans are being used, mostly from Ethiopia, Costa Rica, and Guatemala. Also, the secret behind their delicious coffee is the coffee grinders that usually belong to Mahlkonig and Baratza.
- What is a broista at the Dutch Bros?
Instead of a barista, the Dutch Bros call it a broista to display a sense of warmth, togetherness, and a feeling of belongingness. A broista at the Dutch Bros provides excellent customer service, and crafts incredible Dutch Bros drinks.
- What is a Dutch Bros Breve?
A Dutch Bros Breve is the example of precise and detailed craftsmanship where the layers in the drink are defined by the use of half-and-half milk and cream mixture. Later espresso is added to it, thereby making the delightful Dutch Bros Breve.
As you now know what espresso machine the Dutch Bros use, you may think of purchasing a La Marzocco espresso machine too. So go for it and enjoy an appetizing coffee beverage at home. However, keep in mind that you’re using the right tools as regards the grinder, water, and coffee beans. With the right items and the right proportions, you are sure to excel in making mouth-watering coffee beverages, and stun your family and friends.