When it’s sizzling outside and you grab a glass of iced coffee, how does it feel? Ain’t it the best feeling ever? It cools down your body temperature and makes you relaxed. But having iced coffee in summers is quite expensive, so why don’t do a one-time investment? Buy an iced coffee maker! But here comes a hurdle i.e. which one to buy? You find plenty of companies selling iced coffee makers, but how do you know which one is good? Hence, in this article, we will reveal to you to buy the 5 best iced coffee makers that suit your preferences and budget.
Iced coffee makers enable you to make iced coffee at home, cheap yet tasty. All you have to do is follow the instructions and do as directed. This option is not only cost-effective but is also convenient, it saves your time and you don’t have to keep waiting for the barista to call your name. Sounds great! Now let’s dive into the topic without any further ado.
Buying Guide – Things You Need To Consider Before Buying An Iced Coffee Maker
Buying an iced coffee maker is a tough decision. You cannot just buy the one which looks good, what needs to be considered is its features. Below are certain important factors that you should keep in mind before you pick yours:
Choose a product that will be easy to maintain and clean. If it is dishwasher safe, then it’s great. In case you buy one that is hard to clean, tiny particles accumulate which will hamper the brewing process. Thus, make a wise decision and go for the one that can be descaled.
When you decide to buy an iced coffee maker, you might see that there are machines with different functions available. Some brew both, hot and cold coffees, these are the versatile ones. On the other hand, there are coffee makers designed specifically for brewing iced/chilled coffee. And these are the ones that are best suited for making iced coffee.
Iced coffee makers are made up of different materials. Plastic, Aluminium, stainless steel, and glass are the most common materials used. It is better if you buy an iced coffee maker that is more durable and lightweight. And borosilicate glass is the most premium material of a coffee maker that is more durable, affordable, and lightweight.
The Brew Quality
It is impossible to know the quality of your brew until and unless you use the machine. So it is recommended that you read the reviews and user experience of that particular product. If the user experience is between excellent to good and customers like the taste of the coffee, then buy the iced coffee maker without a second thought, because there’s no point in purchasing one that cannot produce good coffee.
Look for coffee filters that are of the perfect size, so that minute, unwanted particles don’t pass through it and the coffee is extracted with a balanced flavor. It plays a major role in the final coffee notes and taste.
5 Best Iced Coffee Makers
Let’s have a quick review of the 5 best-iced coffee makers that you should choose from:
1. Keurig K-Elite Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
The Keurig K-Elite is a customizable coffee maker allowing you to take control of the temperature of your brew. This seems to be a rare feature in single-serve coffee makers, but this time Keurig has given it to its customers. Moreover, if you prefer a robust flavour, you can adjust the settings and increase the strength of the coffee, thereby getting a strong, bold brew.
“Brew Hot and Enjoy Cold,” what would it mean? This is the catchy phrase that you find when going through the product’s details. So basically, as the best iced coffee maker, it brews your coffee hot but lets you enjoy it cold, sounds interesting. And to your delight, there’s no change in the taste, it still has the lovely coffee taste, soft or bold, depending on your modifications.
Compared to Keurig K-Classic, Keurig K-Elite can work with more cup sizes. With K-Elite you can use cups of 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounces. But when it comes to K-Classic, you only have 3 cup size options available, 6, 8, and 10 ounces. Furthermore, K-Elite is compatible with more than hundreds of K-Cups, thus widening your options for different coffee flavours.
Features of Keurig K-Elite
- K-Elite is super fast and your coffee gets ready within only 60 seconds!
- This coffee maker has a maintenance reminder that alerts you when it’s time to clean it. Also, its removable drip tray makes it much more easier to clean.
- The water reservoir is large in this model compared to its predecessor. It has a capacity of around 75 ounces of water.
- It has an auto-on and auto-off feature.
- Iced coffee is not the only drink you can make in this coffee maker, rather you can also brew coffee, tea, and hot cocoa.
Pros and Cons of Keurig K-Elite
- Many customization options are available.
- The water tank is large and removable.
- Has a timer to help you plan your coffee schedule.
- Is compatible with 5 cup sizes and all K-Cups.
- Is expensive.
- There’s no milk frother.
2. Mr. Coffee Hot and Iced Coffee Maker
The biggest advantage of the Mr. Coffee Hot and Iced Coffee Maker is its low cost. Even at a highly affordable price, it is packed with features that make it to the list of the best iced coffee makers. There are unique colours available in this model, black, lavender, and burgundy, but a downside is its plastic body. Nonetheless, ease of use and the coffee quality is what matters. If every summer morning you need iced coffee but think that it would take time. Then you’re wrong. Mr. Coffee iced coffee maker prepares your brew only within 4 minutes. All you need to do is just add water and coffee grounds, and fill the tumbler with ice. And you have your iced beverage within a short period.
With a measuring scoop, you can master the balance of coffee in your drink. It has been convenient for all the customers as it’s handy and easy to use.
In case you fear that your coffee will spill all over once your cup is full. You shouldn’t anymore with Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker which has a drip-stop function to avoid excess coffee dripping.
Features of Mr. Coffee Hot and Iced Coffee Maker
- It comes with a nylon reusable coffee filter which is flat-bottomed.
- There are no specific pods to be used for brewing.
- The tumbler is also reusable and is designed in such a way that keeps the coffee cold for a longer time.
- Has a warranty of a year.
- It is equipped with a replaceable water filter so that you can enjoy fresh coffee every time.
- You can brew 6, 8, 12, or 16 oz. of hot coffee and 22 oz. of iced coffee beverage.
Pros and Cons of Mr. Coffee Hot and Iced Coffee Maker
- Highly affordable.
- Is easy to use.
- The iced coffee is not at all watery.
- The water tumbler is reusable.
- Made of plastic.
3. Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System
Using the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System (CP307) feels more like you’ve opened a cafe at your home. It gives you customization options, letting you brew the coffee of your choice. Not just coffee, but various types of teas can also be made in this machine. It’s an all-in-one appliance, which hasn’t limited itself to iced coffee alone but is also suitable to make different lattes, cappuccinos, and other types of coffees and teas.
The coffee maker has a stylish appearance with a glossy finish of piano black and silver highlights. It’s sure to suit your kitchen background. And the display is LED adding more charm to it. The design is also compact and it can fit anywhere easily, though it has more height. This model of coffee maker comes with a thermal carafe which couldn’t be found in the previous model of this company.
To make iced coffee, you have to preset the machine at “brew over ice” and the coffee maker automatically adjusts its settings and cools down the hot coffee as it drips down in your glass/container filled with ice.
Features of Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System
- Coffee is brewed over ice for around 10 to 15 minutes to give it a smooth and sweet flavor.
- 5 brew styles are available, Classic, Rich, Over Ice, Cold Brew, and Specialty.
- The unique thermal carafe that comes with this model can keep your coffee/tea hot for up to 2 hours without a warming plate.
- Different brew sizes are available ranging from a single cup, travel size cup, half carafe, or full carafe.
- Gives a warranty of a year.
- The smart basket recognition system identifies the basket and displays coffee or tea drink options.
Pros and Cons of Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System
- Has a milk frother.
- Brewing and frothing can be done at the same time.
- Is suitable for making both, tea and coffee.
- Many smart features are available.
- It’s made of plastic.
- There’s no drip tray.
- The product is expensive.
4. HyperChiller V2 Iced Coffee Cooler
The HyperChiller V2 Iced Coffee Cooler can lower the temperatures and cool down any of your drinks within only 60 seconds, be it hot coffee or hot tea. Pouring any hot beverage over ice to make a cold version of it, will only make the drink watery. So what should you do? This is gonna leave you devastated. But when you have HyperChiller V2 Iced Coffee Cooler, you can make your piping hot drink chilled within a minute without any change in its taste. That’s super convenient and easy.
It is a compact device and is highly affordable. The device has an inner cooling chamber that cools down the hot liquid. But keep in mind that this device has to be re-freezed after every use. If a hot drink was poured into it, then it requires to be kept in the refrigerator for eight hours or more, but if the drink was at room temperature, it will need lesser time to refreeze.
This device is the first of its kind. It saves your time and money as you don’t have to go to the coffee shop every time you crave iced brew. You can also fit this device into single-cup coffee brewers as it is very compact.
Features of Hyper Chiller V2 Iced Coffee Cooler
- The coffee chiller has a diamond facet design on the side of the lid grip area and the lower portion of the outer cap giving it a stylish look.
- Since plastic parts are BPA-free, they are more durable and safe for the environment. These parts are also dishwasher safe.
- Up to 12.5 oz of liquid drinks can be frozen in this device at a time. Moreover, a liquid that is more than 130 degrees gets chilled within only 60 seconds.
- Making your drinks chilled in this device is like adding 30 ice cubes to it.
- It is compatible with all kinds of brewing methods.
Pros and Cons of Hyper Chiller V2 Iced Coffee Cooler
- Is insanely low-priced.
- Chills hot drinks within seconds.
- Easy to use.
- Is cordless and portable.
- Does not have the capacity to hold large pours.
5. KitchenAid Cold Brew Coffee Maker
Brewing can be super simple with KitchenAid Cold Brew Coffee Maker. All you need to do is add ground coffee, some water and wait for the brewing to complete. Once done, the filter basket can be easily removed with its handle, and now you can dump the used coffee grounds, rinse off the filter basket to avoid any accumulation of particles, wipe it dry and it’s ready to use again.
It is compact and requires less space, also its flat top makes it more feasible to store it in a cupboard or so. Moreover, the machine can be stored in the fridge after brewing so that your brew becomes an iced one. Whenever your tongue tickles to have one, just open the fridge, pour the iced coffee into your glass with the help of its built-in tap, and what else, enjoy your drink!
Compared to the previous models of KitchenAid, this cold brewer is more compact and portable. It doesn’t have a bulky design and requires very little space to fit in. And the taste of the coffee has bold notes and rich flavour intact.
Features of KitchenAid Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Has a capacity to hold 28 ounces of liquid.
- The body is brushed stainless steel with thick glass sides enabling you to see your beverage through the glass.
- It is compact and fits easily in your refrigerator.
- Gives warranty of a year.
- There’s a no-drip pour spout and the bottom has a removable cover for the cleaning of the tap.
- A removable coffee filter with a handle was one of the best features.
Pros and Cons of KitchenAid Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- The filter is washable and reusable.
- The compact design makes it portable.
- Has an in-built tap.
- Is expensive when compared to its competitors.
- The stainless steel fine mesh steeper is said to leave sediment in the system.
- Which are the best type of coffee beans to make iced coffee?
Medium-roasted beans are best for iced coffee with a sweet note and for a creamy texture. It also gives you some chocolaty notes. Whereas, if you want a fruity, nutty flavour in your iced coffee, Kenyan beans are the best.
- How is an iced coffee different?
Not just apparently, but also when it comes to its flavour profiles, iced coffee is much different. Simply put, it is the cool version of your regular coffee, be it a milky one or one with water. But iced coffee tends to be less sweet than its hot counterpart.
- Is iced coffee healthy?
Yes, iced coffee is healthy as it boosts your metabolism and enables you to burn more calories throughout the day, helps you concentrate better, reduces body inflammation, improves blood circulation, protects your heart, and is the best to give you an energy boost in the mornings.
- Does iced coffee have more caffeine?
Yes, iced coffee generally has more caffeine. As it remains for a longer time while it’s being chilled, it leads to more concentration and higher caffeine.
Interestingly, iced coffee is not just a summer drink, but many like to enjoy it in freezing winters as well. And now that you know the 5 best iced coffee makers, you can make it anytime at your home within only a few minutes. And with its several health benefits and pleasing taste, iced coffee gives you a jolt of energy. Grab your favourite machine according to your preferences and get started!