Do you fancy a cuppa joe? And desire to enjoy one from the comfort of your home? Then you must get Coffee Espresso Combo Machine. In this article, you will get an elaborate review of the Best Coffee Espresso Combo Machines that have been tested by specialists.
Now what is a coffee espresso combo machine? Well, it is popularly known as “All-in-one.” This is because it does everything for you, from grinding coffee beans to preparing coffee or espresso. Ain’t it amazing how technology works?
The coffee espresso combo machine grinds coffee beans for you, froths milk, and pulls shots of espresso, so basically, it does everything that is needed to make a robust espresso or a delightful coffee.
Buying Guide – Things That Matter In A Coffee Espresso Combo Machine Before You Buy It
Type of Machine
The type of coffee espresso combo machine, whether automatic or semi-automatic is a major decision on your side. You should go for an automatic machine if you want the machine to do everything for you, without your involvement. But in case you want to make espresso or coffee as per your specifications, then a semi-automatic machine one would be the best suited. A Manual is also an option, but it requires a lot of effort, so better don’t go for it.
If you’re a fan of strong coffee or espresso, then choose a machine that has a piece of extra equipment that grinds the coffee beans for you. Grinding fresh coffee beans will no doubt leave you with an intense coffee flavour. But if you’re okay with a bit lighter coffee, then you can use pre-ground coffee beans.
Capacity of the water tank
With a family of many members or as a chain coffee drinker you will need a machine with a large water reservoir. It will lessen your burden to refill it before every consumption. Yet, a small water reservoir enables you to add fresh water every time.
Love milk coffee? Then you ought to opt for a coffee espresso combo machine with a milk frother or a steam wand. Also, you can try your hand at making some latte art at home.
We recommend that you buy a machine which is easy to clean after use. The tiny particles that get accumulated should be able to be cleaned and descaled without much effort.
5 Best Coffee Espresso Combo Machines
Let’s discuss the best espresso combo machines for your home kitchen:
1. De’Longhi’s All-in-one Combination Coffee and Espresso Maker
De’Longhi’s All-in-one Combination Coffee and Espresso Maker has been the talk of the town ever since its launch. But what is it that makes it unique? Let’s find it out. The design of the machine is such that it is easily portable. Moreover, this machine has two water reservoirs, one for the espresso which is 1.5 litres, and the other for drip coffee. These water tanks are removable which makes it easier to wash them, but there are no markings on them. Another plus point is the machine’s reusable coffee filter. Ditch your one-time paper coffee filter and welcome this reusable one.
The machine in black with stainless steel parts looks beautiful in its own way. It allows you to schedule your next cup of coffee, how cool that sounds! The machine has a “bold setting” option which slows down the brewing process and makes the coffee more robust and aromatic.
It also has a glass carafe that is easy to clean and a removable drip tray. You can remove the drip tray to wash it or if you want to create more room for a bigger glass.
- The portafilter is 2 in 1.
- You receive warranty of a year on this machine in case of any manufacturer defects.
- There’s a dual heating system in this machine, where you can heat coffee and espresso simultaneously.
- It is touch screen and has a digital display.
- The water filter is anti-chlorine which helps purify the water and remove any stains of chlorine in it.
- There’s a milk frother that has the option to either steam the milk and keep it less frothy or to give it a dense foam.
Pros And Cons
- It is a portable machine.
- The coffee or espresso that it produces has a rich flavour.
- The machine looks modest and stylish.
- Has a charcoal water filter and descaling option.
- Requires frequent cleaning sessions to avoid leakage of the drip tray.
- Milk pitcher isn’t available.
2. Nespresso Vertuaplus Coffee and Espresso Maker by De’Longhi
No doubt that Nespresso’s products are always unique. So is its new launch Nespresso Vertuaplus Coffee and Espresso Maker that gives you over 20 different coffee flavours satisfying your palate. With a delicate and minimalistic design, this machine looks elegant. Alongside its handsome looks, it does its work efficiently and effectively. Without creating too much noise, the coffee or espresso is extracted quickly for you to sip in.
Using this coffee-espresso combo machine is very simple. All you need to do is insert the flavoured capsule, press a button and that’s it. The unique barcode will then identify the capsule and automatically modify and adjust the settings accordingly, giving you a flavourful coffee.
The machine comes in black and titan, so you can choose the one that matches your kitchen aesthetics. But it runs only with the Nespresso Vertua Pods which are quite expensive and might cost you around $1 approximately. Nevertheless, its flavour profile is worth it!
- One of its distinct features is centrifusion brewing which makes holes around the edges of the circular pod before spinning it. And this is the secret behind the velvety and smooth texture of the coffee or espresso.
- The lid of the machine automatically raises once you slightly push inwards the lip of the top of the machine. As it raises, it also shows you the capsule slot where the capsule needs to be inserted.
- The warranty on the machine is 2 years.
- Requires less space and fits into your kitchen very well.
- Has a movable water tank.
- A welcome set of 12 Nespresso capsules of coffee and espresso are for the customer to enjoy.
Pros And Cons
- High-quality coffee and appetising flavour capsules.
- Minimalistic design.
- Is cost effective and worth it.
- Requires very little space in your kitchen.
- It’s a one-touch brewing method that is very simple to use.
- Works only with Nespresso Vertua Pods.
- There’s no milk frother or a steam wand.
3. Keurig K-Café Single Serving K-Cup Coffee Maker
Going for a hike or to some isolated place where there’re no hotels or restaurants available? But can’t stay calm without starting your morning with a coffee drink? Buy Keurig K-Café Single Serving K-Cup Coffee Maker that is easily portable and is best for travelers. Its removable drip tray provides space to store several travel mugs, isn’t it cool? Thanks to this travel-friendly coffee machine for making our life much easier.
How smart can a coffee machine get? This machine is Wi-Fi enabled and offers numerous recipes that you can try out. Making a coffee or espresso as you like is a blessing, and the machine allows you to adjust its settings and prepare a coffee drink of your choice.
It has an in-built milk frother, thereby expanding its ability to make different coffee beverages. When using an official K-Cup, the BrewID automatically detects the K-Cup pod and adjusts its settings to give you its signature brew. That’s smart enough of a coffee machine!
- The product has a warranty of a year.
- You can schedule your coffee-making hours by connecting the machine to its app and it will automatically do it for you.
- Based on your cup size, you can select the size that matches it.
- If you prefer chilled coffee, then yes this product can make one for you. It will brew the coffee at lower temperatures which is suitable for an iced coffee.
- Travel mugs of around 7.2 inches tall can be accommodated by removing the drip tray.
Pros And Cons
- The milk frother is dishwasher safe.
- Has customisation options.
- Can make iced coffee.
- Milk frothing and brewing cannot be done simultaneously.
4. Miele CM 7750 Silence Automatic Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine
What a classy look this machine has, just beautiful! The drip tray and many other parts are made of stainless steel, making it appear much more attractive. By looking at it anyone can say that it is expensive, and it actually is. With that said, it is also quite big and if you’re going through a time of little space in the kitchen, this machine isn’t for you. But its sophisticated features entice you to buy it if space and price are not your greatest concerns.
The touch-screen display is an LCD one which might be a downside. However, it is simple to understand even for beginners. Also, for the lazy or busy ones, you can remotely operate your machine via your phone by downloading its connecting app.
As its name itself speaks, this machine is the most silent one. It doesn’t produce any sound while grinding. Furthermore, you can customise your coffee or even go for its preset drinks such as espresso, cappuccino, flat white, and espresso macchiato. And if anytime you’re craving a cup of tea, you can make it in this machine. That’s how versatile it is.
- Has a warranty of two years.
- Include three bean containers that help you store different types of beans to prepare different coffees.
- The machine illuminates the cup with lovely LED lighting as the drink is being prepared.
- There’s also a child-safe lock which shows that they are concerned about your safety.
- You can make up to 8 cups of coffee at a single time using its pot. But this pot isn’t free and comes at an extra cost.
- The perfect milk froth can be attained by adjusting its settings as per your needs.
Pros And Cons
- Child safety lock.
- The quietest grinder.
- Sophisticated finishing.
- Includes three bean containers for convenience.
- Too expensive.
5. Philips 3200 series fully automatic espresso machine
With a not-so-flashy design, the Philips 3200 series fully automatic espresso machine looks classy in a black finish. There are six buttons that help you select the beverage that you want to drink (cappuccino, espresso, Americano, coffee, macchiato, and one for hot water) You can also customise your coffee as per your taste by using additional buttons.
The espresso machine comes with a measuring scoop that lets you know the right amount of coffee to be added to a single brew. Moreover, it has a built-in ceramic burr grinder that makes your work easy as you don’t have to worry about the grind size. The first grind size setting is 12, you can get the perfect one.
A 15-bar pump is a part of this machine, resulting in the proper extraction of espresso. Yet the espresso doesn’t taste as good and has very little coffee flavour. More like you’re drinking hot water, also it has a thin layer of crema and is watery. Another downside is that the machine is super loud, your neighbours will get to know that you’re making espresso!
- The Philips 3200 series fully automatic espresso machine makes your task super easy. You just have to add coffee beans and water and press a button, there you go, you have a shot of espresso ready!
- The machine has a warranty of 2 years.
- You cannot specify how your coffee should be made, as regards the modification of temperature or so.
- You get a shot of espresso only within 20 seconds.
- The espresso doesn’t have a display, but if you desire a specific type of coffee, you can click their respective buttons to get what you want.
- The milk frother used in the machine is dishwasher safe, thus making it easier to clean.
Pros And Cons
- Has a classy body and design.
- It is easy to use and is automatic.
- The milk frother is easy to clean and maintain.
- The cost is high compared to the features that it holds.
- The coffee or espresso tastes flavourless.
- There’s a thin layer of crema and the espresso is watery.
- Which is the best coffee espresso combo machine?
In my opinion, the best coffee espresso combo machine is De’Longhi’s All-in-one Combination Coffee and Espresso Maker as it includes every feature that a coffee and espresso maker should have. Moreover, it is cost-effective and the coffee or espresso can be modified as per your specifications by using its touch-screen display.
- Can the same beans be used for coffee and espresso?
Usually, dark roast is highly preferred for a shot of espresso. Whereas, light to medium roast is much better for a cup of milk coffee.
- Why is descaling important?
Descaling ensures that your machine is clean of unwanted particles and thus helps in preventing blockages. Which otherwise would create problems and hamper the coffee extraction process.
- Is coffee espresso combo machine worth it? Or separate machines are better?
Yes, the coffee espresso combo machine is an all-in-one pack. There’s no need for you to buy separate machines when you have this one. They are multitaskers.
As the 5 Best Coffee Espresso Combo Machines have been reviewed and recommended to you. It’s totally up to0 you as to which one you choose depending on your requirements and budget. Keep in mind that no matter which machine you buy, its proper maintenance is a must. Negligence of the equipment on your part will either damage the machine or shorten its work life. Buy one today and start enjoying your espresso or coffee from your cosy corners!